‘Stand Your Ground’ Did Not Work For Black Florida Mom: Marissa Alexander Is Serving A 20 Prison Sentence [video]
video via Roland Martin (2012)
As the world focuses on the trial involving George Zimmerman (a case which ended with unarmed 17 year old Trayvon Martin killed in the process), we should not forget about the case of a Florida mother named Marissa Alexander.
Here are some simple things to know:
- Marissa claimed that she was being abused by her husband.
- Marissa had a baby 9 days before the incident.
- Marissa fired a warning shot that hit no one. No one was injured.
- Marissa’s gun was licensed and registered to her.
- Marissa was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Latest posts by BLACK CENTRAL™ (see all)
- Maya Angelou Tribute Poem For Mandela: His Day is Done - December 2013
- Mandela Will Never, Ever Be Your Minstrel - December 2013
- Muhammad Ali Speaks On the Passing of Nelson Mandela - December 2013